May is finally over! It was a month of good things and bad things. Good things are that Jered passed his finals and graduated from college. Hurrah! Bad things are that both our vehicles were in the shop this month (booooo).So with today being the first of June and this Monday being Max's last day at school, I have begun to think about summer plans.
One of the essential things I get ready each summer is my "SUMMERTIME GO BAG". What is a "GO BAG" you ask? Its the packed bag that you grab every time before you and the family head out for summer fun! This way you won't be caught without that one thing you need while playing.
Here are the contents of my bag:
1. Camping Towel - This is an MSR camp towel, it is compact and dries fast.
2. Swim suit - I always bring the swim trunks for the boys because somehow water is usually involved in the summer. When they were still babies, I also packed swim diapers.
3. Band-aids - Sport / Water proof and knuckle bandages. You would be surprised at how useful knuckle type bandages are on little parts.
4. Antibiotic - I buy the Neosporin spray because it's fast and has pain relief too.
5. Benadryl - This is for the bug bites or if your kids get into unfriendly plants.
6. Plastic Bag - Most important item! The plastic bag is hard multitasker of this pack. It holds garbage, WET SWIM SUITS!!!, and anything sticky or icky left overs you must carry with you.
7. Shopping Bag - The reusable shopping bag, in case you have to swing by the store or run in to a farmers market. (Hey it has happened)
8. BAG - This is my lovely Bookhou bag, and it is just the right size to hold everything and still have some room if it needs it.
9. Wet Wipes - Does this need an explanation? Kids get dirty and then want to eat. Wet Ones to the rescue!
10. Snacks - I also pack a little snack. It can be anything, fruit snacks or crackers, just something so that when they get grouchy or ask for that sugar filled treat cart you are prepared.
11. Water bottle - You can always find water to fill your bottle and its easier to dump bought drinks into and then seal closed. No spills.
12. Small Bag - This small bag is to keep everything organized and separated.
13. Sunscreen - You are going to be outside so protect your skin. I always get at least spf 55 and apply often.
14. Bug Spray - The Kid bug spray I use doesn't contain deet and there for I don't have to worry about it getting on their hands and into the food.
15. Library Card (also drivers license,id, etc) - It's always a good idea to carry ID, and you never know when you just might have to check out a book or DVD.
16. Cash - I also bring cards, but having cash helps me stay on budget. When the cash is gone, stop spending.
17. iPhone 5 - My iPhone is a camera, calendar, computer, clock, and oh... a phone! I don't go anywhere without it.
So that is what I have in my bag, what would you put in yours? Hope everyone has a safe and fun summer!