________________________________________________________________________

Well hello there! This is the place where I share my crafts, recipes, knitting and crochet projects, photos, and moments of family life in the Midwest.
________________________________________________________________________

Monday, October 07, 2013

Halloween Banner -DIY

 Halloween is one of my favorite holidays basically because hey, free chocolate! I also like the Halloween decorations because they are bright and fun and orange. This year I decided to make a Halloween banner for my kitchen nook. I didn't want to go buy a bunch of supplies so I just used what I had in my craft stash with a few sheets of computer paper printed with some graphic designs.
First cut your paper into 2.5 inch strips and tape them end to end so you have one long 24 inch strip of paper. I just used clear scotch tape on both sides.  Then accordion fold the paper, back and forth, so that you have quarter inch pleats. 
Tape the two edges together so that you form a doughnut and then flatten by gently pushing the middle down and making a disk.
I used hot glue in the center of the disk to hold it in place and to glue the letters for the banner on. For my banner I used the phrase "Trick or Treat" in Western font. 
You will need to hold the letter in place until the glue hardens so that the disk does not pop up and come apart. Once it is cool they will lay flat. To string my banner I used baking twine and a needle, poking two holes across the top of each medallion. I had some vintage cat cards in my scrap collection that I added in to break up the words.
The folding was the hardest part of this project, and it was nice to make something out of materials I already had on hand. Do you know what your going to be for this Halloween?

No comments:

Post a Comment

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ We Love Comments /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips