________________________________________________________________________

Well hello there! This is the place where I share my crafts, recipes, knitting and crochet projects, photos, and moments of family life in the Midwest.
________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving Day


Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends and family! My Canadian family celebrated on Oct.14th, so we here "state side" are WAY behind. It does feel like we are a watch running a bit slow with Thanksgiving being almost at the end of the month. I think I'm going to have to work like crazy to get everything done before Christmas. This year I decided to try something a bit different and bake a Pumpkin Cheesecake instead of a pie. I always bake my caramel apple pie for my sister Clare, but I found this great recipe on the Sweetest Occasion blog and had to try it. It was amazing! Of course we had all the traditional favorites, casseroles and potatoes, and we all ate more than we should. 

Since we were all together I figured this was a good chance to take some family photos. They turned out pretty well for no planning involved. So in the spirit of today, I would like to say that I am thankful for my wonderful family and I am grateful that we could spend this time together today and everyday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ We Love Comments /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips