________________________________________________________________________

Well hello there! This is the place where I share my crafts, recipes, knitting and crochet projects, photos, and moments of family life in the Midwest.
________________________________________________________________________

Monday, July 02, 2012

45th Wedding Anniversary

45 years
Today is my parents' 45th wedding anniversary. Yesterday was the open house and we had a great time visiting with everyone. We had friends and family come from all over to see my parents and congratulate them on their mile stone.
My Parents
Since the 45th wedding anniversary is the Sapphire Anniversary, I choose to make the blue mason jars with the pink flowers. Shades of pink was my parents wedding colors which is why I choose that for the theme.
Table Decorations
I made a large "45" for the wall decoration out of foam board and coffee filters. To stick the filters to the foam board I used 3M 77 spray adhesive. Works like magic!!! Warning : It's super sticky and smells horrible so use a drop cloth and spray outside. For the color I just used spray paint and faded the pink up. Pretty isn't it?
Wall Decorations
One of the biggest hits at the party was the twine and picture garland of my parents' wedding photos. This was probably the easiest project. I printed the pictures out on regular white paper and hung them on twine with plain clothes pins. Easy and quite a conversation starter!!

Photo Garland

Max
 The rest of the pictures are of our family and friends enjoying the party. It was great to see everyone and thank you to everyone who came and celebrated with us.
At the party
The Room
Max and Brynna
Food Table
Papa John


No comments:

Post a Comment

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ We Love Comments /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips